Despite your willingness and commitment to secure the well-being of your loved one, there will really come a time that you will reach the boiling point. Wherein you will say awful words directly to your loved one or worse physically hurt them which are both a huge mistake that you must learn to avoid. Remember, your loved one’s attitude and approach can be irritating at times but they are just acting that way simply because they find it difficult to admit their current health condition. With that, it is best to educate yourself about the dos and don’ts when taking care of a chronically ill individual as to avoid committing erroneous acts.
- Listen to them. They know what they are feeling because they are the ones experiencing it. Given that, you should be attentive to what they say to you. Always hear them out.
- Seek professional help. Your loved one’s health is crucial. You should not attempt to heal your loved one on your own. Consult a professional healthcare to know the appropriate medications for your loved one.
- Have patience. At all times, be considerate about their situation. Try to put your shoes on theirs.
- Do not make fun of them. When they tell you about something, do not make fun of what they say. Simply listen and nod.
- Do not tell them you are sorry. Your loved one wants to be emotionally buoyed and showing pity does not do that. It only kills their gay spirt and intensifies their weakness.
- Do not cross the line. Yes, you want to be there for your loved one but always know your boundaries and limitations. If they want to be alone, let them be. Respect their decision.
To be able to understand why you should put to heart the rules above is because of the following facts:
- Chronic diseases are long-lasting health conditions which means it is not curable.
- It is responsible for 60% of all deaths in the world. In America, seven of the top 10 causes of death were chronic diseases.
- It is the type of disease that is most common and costly.
Given the information above, indeed having a chronic disease is not easy. At Attentive Senior Care, we make sure to make the lives of individuals with chronic diseases more comfortable and easy as possible. Our team of dedicated professionals ensures to provide the utmost care in order to improve the quality of life of our patients in the comforts of their own residence. With our years of experience in the industry and modern Residential Care Facility, your loved one will receive the highest standard of care. Discover why we have been coined as the premier Elderly Care Home in Fresno California by giving us a call at 559-449-3566 today!