In sickness and in health, we all want to live in our own home. However, most people who reach their golden years should expect to need at least an extra pair of hands from an assisted living due to their tenuous health condition.
Deciding to make a move towards getting a long-term or short-term care has always been difficult for elders. But there comes a point where living on their own is not safe anymore. They can no longer effectively take care of themselves, so they consider moving into an assisted living.
So, how do you know it is time to call for an assisted living? The list below are the signs that signal it may be time to set an appointment with an elderly care home for your loved one.
- Difficulty performing their daily tasks. In a day, we all have a lot of tasks to do and finish such as personal care, light housekeeping, and meal preparation. But the effects of aging like a decrease in mobility can affect the ability of your loved one to carry out these basic tasks.
- Increased forgetfulness. Although being forgetful is part of aging, it is something your elderly loved one should be worried about, especially when they oftentimes forget about taking their medication. Drug misuse like taking their pills at the wrong time and taking in the incorrect quantity of their prescribed medication can threaten their life.
- Frequent injuries. Every year, there is an increasing number of elders who get treated for injuries related to falls. Accidents like tripping, slipping, and falling can be a result of an elder’s reduction in muscle strength. When your loved one gets constant treatment for their injuries because of a fall-related accident, then this is something you should be worried about.
- Extreme weight loss. Elders suffer from a limited range of movements, so they find it difficult to cook their meals, making them lose their appetite and skip their meals. As a result, they cannot maintain a healthy weight which is essential for their age.
- Tendency of isolation. We all have other commitments and priorities. Given that, if you cannot look out and take care of your loved one anymore, it is best to seek help from an assisted living to watch out for the well-being of your loved one. With their expertise, surely your senior loved one will receive the most excellent care at the comforts of their own home.
At Attentive Senior Care, we completely understand that there is no place like home. Which is why we offer a wide array of Personal Services to individuals in a comfortable home setting. Find out why more and more families in the metropolitan trust us as the premier provider of Elderly Care Home in Fresno California. For inquiries, please feel free to give us a call at 559-449-3566 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.